KNOWLEDGE COMPUTERS ANTI-COUNTERFEIT POLICY
Knowledge Computers has adopted this Anti-Counterfeit Policy intended to migrate the impact of counterfeit IT goods on Knowledge Computers and its customers and to develop best practices and strategies to identify, inspect, test, properly dispose of and report encounters with counterfeit goods. This is a zero tolerance Policy against knowingly and intentionally trafficking in counterfeit goods. Any employee found to be knowingly and intentionally trafficking in counterfeit goods is subject to immediate termination.
Knowledge Computers has adopted and has agreed to comply with the Association of Service and Computers Dealers International (“ASCDI”) Anti-Counterfeit Policy and Standard as amended from time to time.
Knowledge Computers bans counterfeit goods from its premises.
What our employees are to do upon discovery of an item suspected to be counterfeit:
1. Report to Management: Upon the discovery of an item suspected to be counterfeit, our employees are to promptly notify your immediate supervisor, including a detailed description of the item, the source of the item, the amount paid for the item, indicators of suspected counterfeit status and await further instructions;
2. Tag: The suspected item will be tagged and quarantined pending instruction, testing verification and disposal. No further action is to be taken with regard to the suspect item until notification by your immediate supervisor or management assumes responsibility for the handling of the suspect item;
3. Quarantine: Immediately notify all Knowledge Computers warehouse facilities, whereas all equipment in stock in our global facilities that has been purchased from the same vendor as the suspected counterfeit equipment will be immediately quarantined. No further equipment from the source vendor to be sold until verified genuine equipment and approval by management.
4. No Return: Items deemed to be counterfeit shall not be returned to the source, and Knowledge Computers will notify the source that it has received an item suspected to be counterfeit; and
5. Knowledge Computers will report to ASCDI and appropriate Law Enforcement all items deemed counterfeit: Upon verification that an item is counterfeit management will report the facts and circumstances to law enforcement or other designated authority and to the ASCDI, and will dispose of as instructed.
What to do if a third party reports a suspected counterfeit item supplied by Knowledge Computers.
1. Notify your immediate supervisor or management upon receipt of a report from a customer, vendor, manufacturer or law enforcement that an item supplied by Knowledge Computers is suspected to be counterfeit;
2. Upon receipt of such notification, obtain all information from the reporting source regarding the suspected item including its model and serial number, basis for the claim that the item is counterfeit, if available, and the current status and handling of the suspect item; and
3. Notify your Knowledge Computers account representative and/or Knowledge Computers directors. Knowledge Computers will take immediate corrective actions, including but not limited to reporting to the appropriate authorities, ASCDI. Knowledge Computers directors will be in direct contact with the customer and update them on a regular basis until resolved.
Knowledge Computers Management Responsibility:
1. In the case of a customer report of counterfeit status, management will promptly contact the customer and arrange for a replacement or refund upon verification of counterfeit status. All other cases will be handled on a case by case basis;
2. Report status of suspected counterfeit item to Knowledge Computers supplier and request investigation;
3. Upon confirmation of counterfeit status, the Knowledge Computers will notify the law enforcement and ASCDI;
4. Properly dispose of counterfeit items as directed by law enforcement standards, industry standards or ASCDI standards.
5. Knowledge Computers will retain the right to aggressively pursue legal action against the source.